喜怒哀乐(1/2)
上一章 言情中文网

本站不支持畅读模式,请关闭畅读服务,步骤:浏览器中——设置——关闭网页小说畅读服务。

喜怒哀乐

01 The good news rejoiced the cockles of my heart.

这个好消息使我从心底感到高兴。

常用单词

rejoice [r?'d???s] v. 使高兴

cockle ['k?kl] n. 海扇壳

学学这样说

1. Jane was thrilled to see Susan. 简见到苏珊高兴极了。

2. She's always full of cheer in her class. 她在班上总是高高兴兴的。

3. I shall be delighted to have dinner with you. 我很高兴能和你共进晚餐。

4. There is always a merry smile on Lily's face. 莉莉的脸上总是露出愉快的笑容。

5. She smiled at me happily when I saw her. 当我看见她时,她对我开心地笑了。

6. On the trip to Hawaii, we had a lot of fun. 在去夏威夷的旅途中,我们都很开心。

7. It was a pleasant surprise to know your pregnancy.

得知你怀孕了,这真是件令人惊喜的事。

补充短语

be thrilled to ……很高兴

be full of cheer 很高兴

02 You look like being on cloud nine.

你看起来非常高兴。

学学这样说

1. Her face was transfigured by happiness. 她高兴得容光焕发。

2. She flushed with delight. 她高兴得脸都红了。

3. Her heart rapture. 她暗自高兴,心花怒放。

4. He shouted out in delight. 他高兴得大声叫喊。

5. I'm grinning from ear to ear. 我笑得合不拢嘴。

6. I let out a real belly laugh. 我捧腹大笑。

补充短语

melt away 消失,融掉

shout out 突然呼喊,大叫

应用对话

Rex: You look like being on cloud nine.

Steven: I am.

雷克斯:你看起来十分高兴。

史蒂文:对,我是。

03 I shouldn't have done it.

我真不该那样做。

语法TIPS

shouldn't后面跟完成时,表示不应该做某事(但实际已经做了);should后面跟完成时,表示应该做某事(但实际上没有做)。

学学这样说

1. I regret doing that. 我后悔那样做。

2. I feel bad about it. 我觉得很内疚。

3. I repent my behaviours. 我对我的行为感到后悔。

4. I feel regretful for what I said. 我后悔不该说那些话。

补充短语

feel regretful for... 后悔……

04 It was careless of me to do so.

我这样做太粗心了。

语法TIPS

be careless of sb to do sth的意思是“某人做某事太粗心了”,careless主要用来形容这个人。

学学这样说

1. I shouldn't drive after drinking. 我不应该酒后开车。

2. I rue never having been to university. 我后悔从未上过大学。

3. I wish I wouldn't have said that. 我要是不说那话就好了。

4. I should have known better. 我早该弄清楚一些。

补充短语

drive after drinking 酒后驾车

05 I really wish I hadn't done it.

我真希望我没那么做。

学学这样说

1. I regret wasting time when I was a student. 我后悔做学生时浪费了时间。

2. I regret not having taken his advice. 我后悔没有接受他的劝告。

3. I wish I had never met you. 我希望我从来没有遇见过你。

4. We regret having neglected past opportunities. 我们后悔没有抓住过去的机会。

5. I regretted my words the moment I spoke. 话一说出口,我就后悔了。

补充短语

feel remorse for... 后悔……

take one's advice 听某人的劝告

应用对话

Tony: I really wish I hadn't done it.

Steven: What on earth are you talking about?

托尼:我真希望我没那么做。

史蒂文:你究竟在说什么?

06 He bitterly repented his folly.

他对自己干的蠢事十分后悔。

常用单词

repent [r?'pent] v. 后悔,忏悔

folly ['f?li:] n. 愚蠢

学学这样说

1. He's ruing that he has bought such a large house. 他后悔买了这栋大房子。

2. He was filled with remorse for not helping us. 他因没有帮助我们而深怀内疚。

3. She regrets not having studied puter courses hard.

她后悔没有努力学习计算机课程。

4. He regretted very much having said something gross.

他讲了一些粗话,对此非常后悔。

07 He has showed signs of repentance.

他表现出悔改之意。

解析 ▲ 词组show signs of repentance的意思是“有悔改之意”,其中的repentance是动词repent的名词形式。

学学这样说

1. He repented his thoughtlessness. 他后悔自己的轻率。

2. The prisoner shows no remorse for his crimes. 那名囚犯对其罪行毫无悔改之意。

3. He seemed genuinely remorseful for what he had done.

他看起来真的很后悔所做的事。

补充短语

confess to... 向……承认/忏悔

show no remorse for... 对……没有悔过之意

08 I just feel very lonely in this city.

我只是在这个城市里感到很寂寞。

学学这样说

1. I feel lonely. 我感到很寂寞。

2. I feel empty. 我觉得空荡荡的。

3. I feel inplete. 我感觉很空虚。

4. It will be difficult for one person to live alone. 单独一个人生活很困难。

5. I get lonesome when you're not here. 你不在时我颇感寂寞。

6. We've just moved here so we still feel a bit out of it.

由于我们刚刚搬到这里,所以仍感到有些寂寞。

7. Living in a big city makes me very lonely. 在大城市里生活让我感到很孤独。

8. Loneliness has oupied my heart. 我心中充满寂寞。

应用对话

Steven: What's up? You look unhappy.

Dora: Nothing. I just feel very lonely in this city. I miss my family.

史蒂文:怎么了?你看起来很不开心。

朵拉:没什么,只是待在这个城市里感到很寂寞。我想我的家人了。

补充短语

be difficult for... 对……很困难

09 He spent a lonesome evening at home.

他在家里度过了一个寂寞的夜晚。

常用单词

lonesome ['l??ns?m] adj. 寂寞的

学学这样说

1. He felt almost intolerably lonely. 他感受到了几乎无法忍受的寂寞。

2. He felt his loneliness most keenly on Sunday. 星期天他倍感寂寞。

3. He endured agonies of loneliness and misery. 他忍受着寂寞和贫穷的折磨。

4. It takes right time and right mood to be solitary.

寂寞需要合适的时间,也需要合适的心情。

补充短语

on Sunday 在周日

10 Loneliness and solitude bee her fate.

孤独和寂寞成了她的命运。

常用单词

loneliness ['l??nl?n?s] n. 孤独

solitude ['s?l?tju:d] n. 寂寞

学学这样说

1. Books are her resort when she is lonely. 当她寂寞的时候,书籍是她的解决之道。

2. Three months after her husband's death, she still felt empty.

丈夫去世3个月后,她心里仍是空荡荡的。

3. Sarah felt lonely when her best friend left the city.

自从她最好的朋友离开这个城市以后,萨拉感到很寂寞。

4. Sometimes we want to have soo miss when we are lonely.

有时候,我们希望在寂寞的时候有个可以想念的人。

5. Don't wait to becohe value of a friend.

不要等到寂寞了才意识到朋友的价值。

补充短语

wait to do sth 等到做某事

11 Our disappointplete.

我们失望极了。

常用单词

disappointment [?d?s?'p??ntm?nt] n. 失望,沮丧

plete [k?m'pli:t] adj. 彻底的,完全的

学学这样说

1. Too bad! 太糟糕了。

2. What a disappointment! 真让人失望!

3. What a bummer! 太扫兴了。

4. You let me down. 你真让我失望。

补充短语

let sb down 使某人失望

12 All my work was in vain.

我的工作全都白干了。

解析 ▲ in vain的意思是“徒然,无效”,在句中可以作表语,也可以作状语,修饰动词。

学学这样说

1. I messed up. 我给搞砸了。

2. It leads me on a wild-goose chase. 我白费了半天劲。

3. We have done all for nothing. 我们所做的全都白费了。

4. All my efforts went down the drain. 我的努力都白费了。

补充短语

a wild-goose chase 劳而无功的事

本站不支持畅读模式,请关闭畅读服务,步骤:浏览器中——设置——关闭网页小说畅读服务。

上一章 返回章节目录
耽美 我的书架 轻小说
大神级推荐: 国学| 名著| 诗歌散文| 传记| 文学| 现实