本站不支持畅读模式,请关闭畅读服务,步骤:浏览器中——设置——关闭网页小说畅读服务。
家庭收支
01 I find a part-time job to supplee.
我找了一份兼职来补贴收入。
常用单词
part-time [pɑ:tta?m] adj. 兼职的
supplement ['s?pl?m?nt] v. 补充
学学这样说
1. I do a part-time job to increase e. 我做兼职是为了增加收入。
2. My mother gives private lessons to supplee.
妈妈给私人授课来增加收入。
3. Susan increases her ine by working in the evenings.
苏珊在晚上工作以增加收入。
4. My grandmother decided to rent out a rooe.
外婆为获得额外收入决定租出去一个房间。
应用对话
Julia: How much do you earn a week now?
Steven: My wages are 50 US dollars a week. And I find a part-time job to supplee.
茱莉娅:你现在一周赚多少钱?
史蒂文:我的工资为每周50美元。而且我找了一份兼职来补贴收入。
02 Nancy earns her living by singing in a saloon.
南希靠在酒吧唱歌谋生。
解析 ▲ earn one's living意为“谋生,维持生活”,其中living指“生计,生存之道”。“谋生”的另一个表达方式为make a living。
学学这样说
1. I have nothing but a teacher's small pension. 我除了微薄的教师津贴外,没有其他收入。
2. My wages are the principal source of e. 工资是我收入的主要来源。
3. My brother earns good the bank. 我哥哥在银行挣着高工资。
4. Aside from his meager savings, Jack has no other resources to fall back on.
除了极少量的积蓄外,杰克没有可以依赖的财源。
5. They had little money. 他们没什么钱。
补充短语
nothing but 只有,只不过
earn good money 赚大钱
aside from 除……之外,既……又……
03 e was just over 200 pounds.
我每月的收入只有200多英镑。
语法TIPS
ine,salary,wage,pay的区别:ine意为“收入”,既可指工资,也可指其他来源的收入(如利息);salary意为“薪水”,多指按月发放的薪水,领取者通常为脑力劳动者;wage常指体力劳动者的工资,通常按周、日或小时付给;pay主要指因工作或劳动所获得的报酬。
常用单词
ine ['?nk?m] n. 收入,收益
学学这样说
1. I earn nearly £30,000 a year. 我一年挣了几乎三万英镑。
2. My salary is US$2,000 per month.
我的工资为每月2,000美元。
3. I got an annual increment of US$500 in salary. 我的薪水每年增加500美元。
04 I have a decent ine.
我收入可观。
解析 ▲ 此处decent为“相当好的”之意。此外,decent还有“正派的,得体的,(服装等)相称的”的意思,如decent people(正派的人)。
学学这样说
1. He earns an incredible amount of money. 他挣的钱多得惊人。
2. She earns a high salary. 她的工资很高。
3. e is increasing day by day. 我的收入日渐增加。
4. e was doubled this month. 这个月我的收入加倍。
补充短语
an amount of 一定量的
05 He has to support his fae.
他只能靠微薄的收入来养家。
常用单词
support [s?'p?:t] v. 供养,支持
meager ['mi:ɡ?] adj. 贫乏的
学学这样说
1. His ine diminished. 他的收入减少了。
2. Their ines are falling behind those of last year. 他们的收入少于去年。
3. My salary is too small. 我的薪水太低了。
4. She has a steady ine. 她有稳定的收入。
补充短语
fall behind 落后;下降
06 If you want to make money, buy cheap and sell dear.
要想赚钱就得贱买贵卖。
常用单词
cheap [t?i:p] adv. 便宜地
dear [d??(r)] adv. 高价地
学学这样说
1. ount. 钱放在高利息的账户里获利更多。
2. All his tricks for o fail. 他为赚钱而耍的花招似乎都会失败。
3. I sold my house at a profit. 我卖房子赚了钱。
4. Mr. Brown is very clever and never o in improving his business. 布朗先生是个非常精明的人,从不错过赚钱的机会。
补充短语
at a profit 赚钱,获利
07 I would rather re means.
我宁可安于贫穷,也不愿用不当手段赚钱。
解析 ▲ would rather do... than do...指“宁愿做……而不愿做……”。dishonest means(不当的手段)的means指“方法,手段”,means用于此意时,单复同形。
学学这样说
1. Tom is always looking for ways to make a fast buck. 汤姆总是在找可以快速赚钱的方法。
2. I'm not going to sell my soul just to make money. 我不会为了赚钱而出卖自己的灵魂。
3. If you want to make money, you've got to think about money.
你要是想赚钱,脑子里就得想着钱。
4. In order to earn enough money, he works late into night.
为了赚到足够的钱,他工作到深夜。
补充短语
make a fast buck 赚快钱,快速赚钱
08 I make more money in this week than I did in a fortnight.
我在这一周里赚的钱比我在过去两周里赚的还多。
解析 ▲ fortnight指“两星期”,因此原句也可以改为:I make more money in this week than I did in two weeks.
学学这样说
1. He has earned as ey as I have. 他赚的钱和我赚的一样多。
2. He has gained a lot of hese years. 这些年来,他挣了许多钱。
3. It neither increased nor decreased e.
我既不会因此多赚些钱,也不会因此少赚些钱。
4. Maybe we were just trying to k. 大概是我们太急于赚钱了。
5. He inherits his father's skill in making money. 他父亲赚钱的本领遗传给了他。
6. Mr. White always boasts of his ability to make money. 怀特先生老吹嘘他赚钱的本领。
7. The young wage-earner often earns good money.
这个年轻的工薪族往往能挣不少钱。
应用对话
Steven: Julia, I have good news for you.
Julia: What's up?
Steven: I have earned a lot of his week, more than I did in a fortnight.
史蒂文:茱莉娅,有个好消息要告诉你。
茱莉娅:什么事?
史蒂文:这周我赚了好多钱。我在这一周里赚的钱比我在过去两周里赚的还多。
09 My expenditure this month amounts to US$800.
这个月我花了800美元。
解析 ▲ amount to在此处为“共计”之意,可以用词组e to进行替换。此外,amount to还可以指“意味着,等同”,如:Such assistance aic aggression.(这种的援助就等同于经济侵略。)
常用单词
expenditure [?k'spend?t??(r)] n. 支出,花费
amount [?'ma?nt] v. 总计,合计
学学这样说
1. I plunked down US$350 for a silver necklace. 我花了350美元买了条银项链。
2. It will cost me 500 US dollars to repair the car. 修理这辆汽车要花了我500美元。
3. Our expenses average US$35 per day. 我们的支出为平均每天35美元。
4. The monthly expenditure of our family is four hundred US dollars.
我们一家的开销每月共计400美元。
10 A great deal of his money goes for rent.
他的钱大部分用于租房。
解析 ▲ go for在句中意思是“用于”。
语法TIPS
表示“大量的,许多”的词组:只修饰不可数名词的有a great/good deal of, a large amount of/large amounts of;只修饰可数名词的有a (large) number of, a good/great many, many a等;两者都可修饰的有a lot of/lots of, plenty of, a great/large quantity of。
学学这样说
1. Ine and expenditure exactly balance. 收入和支出正好相抵。
2. She spent one-third of her incoetics.
她把自己三分之一的收入花在了服装和化妆品上。
3. An annual holiday is a big expense. 一年一度的假日是一笔大开销。
11 All this spending is a drain on my savings.
这些开销正在耗光我的积蓄。
常用单词
drain [dre?n] n. 消耗,排水,下水道
saving ['se?v??] n. 存款,节约
学学这样说
1. My father has to defray . 我父亲得支付我的教育费用。
2. My wife records our daily expenses. 我妻子将日常开销都记录下来。
3. I'd rather economize on clothes and food than travel.
我宁愿节衣缩食,也不愿节省旅游费用。
4. Old people shouldn't skimp on food or heating.
老年人不应过分吝惜食物或取暖方面的开销。
补充短语
economize on 节约,节省
12 Jack economizes by taking buses instead of taking taxis.
杰克为了省钱,不坐出租车而坐公共汽车。
语法TIPS
instead和instead of的区别:instead为副词,意为“代替,反而”,通常放于句尾,放句首时多用逗号隔开;instead of与instead意思基本相同,但其为介词短语,其后跟宾语。
常用单词
economize [?'k?n?ma?z] v. 节约,节省
instead [?n'sted] adv. 代替,顶替
学学这样说
1. To save money, mother always buys many things during the bargain sale.
为了节省钱,母亲总是在商品减价销售时买许多东西。
2. He is trying to save money by walking to work. 为了省钱,他步行去上班。
3. To save money, we travel by train. 为了省钱,我们乘坐火车旅行。
4. To save money, we plan to take the bus. 为了省钱,我们打算坐公共汽车。
13 We will save money as possible as we could.
本站不支持畅读模式,请关闭畅读服务,步骤:浏览器中——设置——关闭网页小说畅读服务。